A noxious gas emitted from rotten potatoes has caused the death of four people in the Russian Urals region of Chelyabinsk, a source with the emergency services told TASS on Saturday, ONA reports.
The information was later confirmed to TASS by the local head, Yuri Lysyakov.
"Carbon dioxide gas accumulated in the basement of a one-story house. The dwellers were poisoned with the gas after coming down into the basement," Lysyakov said.
In the village of Magnitka in the Chelyabinsk region, a few bodies were found in the basement of a private house. A child was among them. Investigators are working on the scene.