Fire extinguished in dormitory in Baku, husband and wife died of smoke inhalation
  • EVENT

  • 01:59 06 March 2019

Fire extinguished in dormitory in Baku, husband and wife died of smoke inhalation

"The fire started in one of the apartments on the 3rd floor of a five-storey dormitory building. According to preliminary information, the fire caused by a short of circuit," head of the State Fire Protection Service Akbar Novruzov said.

According to him, as a result of fire, the electric cables in the corridor melted at high temperatures. A person who has been poisoned by smoke has died and several persons poisoned from smoke have been taken to Toxicology Center.

Residents of the dormitory resided by 120 families were evacuated and the electricity and gas supply to the building was suspended for security purposes, ONA’s correspondent at the scene scene reports.

Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations Etibar Mirzayev, Narimanov district Executive Power officials arrived at the scene. Fire has already been prevented, cooling is underway.

Toxicology Center informed that five smoke poisoners were brought to the Center during the fire and two of them Aliyeva Elza and Aliyev Surkhay were impossible to rescue.

Faig Mahmudov

Tags:

RELATED NEWS