Ukrainian TV studio gets bomb threat while hosting show with Poroshenko
  • EVENT

  • 02:06 20 April 2019

Ukrainian TV studio gets bomb threat while hosting show with Poroshenko

Audience at a Ukrainian TV studio, hosting a show with Ukrainian President Pyotr Poroshenko, refused to evacuate after an unknown caller informed of a possible terrorist attack late on Friday, ONA reports citing TASS.

"We were informed that a person present in the studio may carry out a terrorist attack. Those who are afraid can now leave," host Miroslava Barchuk announced during a live broadcast.

At that moment, Poroshenko appeared at the studio. When asked whether he would like to leave or stay, he said: "I have made the decision to stay." No one left the studio.

Ukraine’s Public Television was supposed to host a debate between Poroshenko and his election rival Vladimir Zelensky at 21:00 local time. Earlier, Zelensky said he would not take part.

Earlier on Friday, the candidates already faced each other during an electoral debate at Kiev’s Olympic Stadium in front of a crowd of 22,000 viewers.

RELATED NEWS