Regional National-Cultural Autonomy of Moscow Azerbaijanis addressed the Chairman of the State Duma of the Russian Federation Vyacheslav Volodin and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Sergey Lavrov an appeal regarding the participation of Konstantin Zatulin in the event in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, ONA's Moscow bureau reports.
The letter reads that RNKAA MO considers it its duty to inform that on October 11, 2019 Konstantin Zatulin spoke at the "Forum of Friends of Artsakh" entitled “Cooperation for Justice and Peace”.
“We wanted to find out and get answers to questions, as well as raise the question of depriving a deputy of the State Duma of the right to speak in view of non-compliance with ethical standards: - At whose invitation did K. F. Zatulin come to this Forum? - Leadership of the unrecognized neither the UN, nor Russia, nor even Armenia of the so-called "Artsakh Republic"?
- K. Zatulin, as the director of the CIS Institute, did not correctly understand the circle of his main tasks, namely: 1) forecasting the domestic and foreign policies of the former union republics; 2) monitoring of ethnosocial and military-political conflicts in the territory of the former USSR; 3) development of recommendations for their resolution and prevention;
- Are all his statements an official position of the Russian state, the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation?
- How do you assess the conformity of his statements with the positions held in the State Duma Committee on CIS Affairs?
- how can one understand his words “I am sure that the Russian Federation as a state will not allow an unjust solution to the Karabakh conflict. The Russian people first of all value conscience and justice. And they are on your side. ”
- What does an unjust solution to the Karabakh conflict mean?
Expressing the opinion of Russians of many nationalities, we demand: 1. To deprive the State Duma deputy KF Zatulin of the right to speak outside the Russian Federation due to non-compliance with ethical standards and not just as a deputy, but as First Deputy Chairman of the State Duma Committee of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation. 2. To raise a question with the founders of the Institute of the CIS Countries (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, Moscow State University, MGIMO) about the official inconsistency of KF Zatulin with the post of director due to the failure to fulfill the main tasks. 3. To raise a question before the members of the Security Council of the Russian Federation on the exclusion of K.F. Zatulin from the members of the Scientific Council, ”the statement says.