In accordance with the instruction of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev, a conference on preventive measures against epidemic coronavirus, spread in Wuhan city of the People’s Republic of China and recorded in the other regions of the world, has been held in the Cabinet of Ministers as declared by the World Health Organization and Chinese government, press service of the Cabinet of Ministers told ONA.
Heads of relevant organizations have attended the meeting, chaired by the Prime Minister.
Discussions have been held at the conference in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus to Azerbaijan.
At the end of the meeting, a decision was adopted about the implementation of the following measures envisaged for such situations:
- transition to the enhanced work mode at border crossing points;
- compulsory exposure to a thorough medical examination and taking under control of all people arriving in the country from China, especially from the epidemics zone;
- preparation of a list of food products considered especially risky and able to be infected with the virus and strengthening control over those products at the food market;
- establishment of call centers at health institutions;
- implementation of the awareness campaign for people regarding the virus and methods of fighting against the virus;
- provision of regular information to people regarding the current situation.