The Caucasian Muslims Office (CMO) has lent clarity to whether the Hajj pilgrimage will be suspended due to coronavirus threat, the CMO said in response to ONA’s inquiry.
This issue is not yet on agenda: “No appeal has yet been received in Azerbaijan from the companies in the Saudi Arabia which we are cooperating with. Very probably, such application will be related to the countries where the virus has spread”.
The CMO said so far 280 people have appealed for going on a Hajj pilgrimage tour. The acceptance of the documents for the pilgrimage tour started on January 24 and will be continued till the end of May. This year the number of quota for hajj pilgrimage makes up 1500 persons. The cost of the pilgrimage will be US$ 4,490.
Remind that the Saudi Arabia has disclosed its decision to temporarily suspend the Umra pilgrimage due to the novel coronavirus threat.