The Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) has appealed to people due to the danger of carbon monoxide poisoning, reads the appeal submitted by MES to ONA.
The appeal says that against the background of growth of people’s gas requirements associated with the winter season, the violation of safety rules during the use of gas devices creates carbon monoxide poisoning.
In order to avoid this hazard which can result in human death, a gas device should be in good repair and should comply with relevant standards, the height of the space where the device is situated shouldn’t be less than 2 meters and 20 centimeters, the gas ventilation hood should be in working order, the air shaft should be open, a ventilation duct should be available in bathroom, holes should be available on lower part of bathroom door, fume chimneys should be cleaned twice per year.
“Please, remember! The carbon monoxide has no smell, and cannot be sensed! The poisoning from carbon monoxide has the following indications: headache, dizziness, nausea, fatigue. A person poisoned from carbon monoxide should be taken out to the open air, should be relieved from the clothes which impede his/her breathing, and an ambulance should be called! Please remember: the ignorance of rules is a danger to our lives! In a hazardous situation please call 112!”, - the appeal reads.