The Milli Majlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan has made an amendment to the low "About perpetuating of name of the martyr and about privileges to families of martyrs", ONA reports.
According to the decision, persons who killed, missed or considered dead by the decision of the court while performing a combat mission or official duty in the Special State Protection Service of Azerbaijan will be considered martyrs.
It should be noted that according to the rules, so far the following were considered as martyrs:
- Those who died as a result of tragic events in January 1990 in the city of Baku, Lankaran and Neftchala regions;
- Those who died in a plane crash in Leninakan on December 11, 1988;
- Those who died in the period from 1988 to January 1990 in the Republic of Azerbaijan as a result of illegal actions or maneuvers of the Soviet Army;
- Those who died and missing as a result of the Armenian aggression in the regions bordering with Armenia and Karabakh;
- Military personnel who died and went missing during military operations for the territorial integrity of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Those who dead, missing and recognized on the basis of a court decision in connection with the liberation, sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Azerbaijan Republic, in other cases established by the legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic, including during the ceasefire in military units or internal affairs bodies, state security and foreign intelligence, when performing a combat mission or official assignment;
- Military personnel who have died or gone missing in the line of duty to protect the state border of the Republic of Azerbaijan.