New China virus claims sixth victim as holiday travel stokes risk
  • WORLD

  • 20:42 21 January 2020

New China virus claims sixth victim as holiday travel stokes risk

The toll from a new virus in China rose to six deaths and more than 300 cases on Tuesday as millions of Chinese prepared to travel for the Lunar New Year, heightening contagion risks, APA reports quoting Reuters.

A Chinese physician who was investigating the outbreak of a mysterious new virus in central China says he has himself been infected, APA reports quoting Reuters.

Wang Guangfa, who heads the Department of Pulmonary Medicine at Beijing’s Peking University First Hospital, was part of a team of experts that earlier this month visited Wuhan, where the virus emerged.

“I was diagnosed and my condition is fine,” Wang told Kong’s Cable TV on Tuesday, thanking people for their concern.

ONA

Tags:

RELATED NEWS