Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid denied recent reports about what was agreed during peace talks with US officials in Qatar, saying everyone should wait for the negotiations to end, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
"Some social media broadcast some material about a peace agreement of Qatar talks. These materials … are not original. Hopefully no one should broadcast about this before the last discussions," he said.
Another Taliban spokesman said this week that the negotiators were closing in on a peace deal that will ensure an end to the 18-year war in Afghanistan.
This comes as US President Donald Trump reiterated on Thursday that he wanted to downsize the US military force in the country but did not offer a timeline for the withdrawal, which is what the Taliban demands. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo mentioned earlier in the week that the US seeks to pull out US troops from the war-raveged country to halt Washington's longest war in history.